Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Aspirin mask

So, today I went and bought aspirin (non-coated), witch hazel, sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. Figured I would get a bunch of things and try them on different days and see what works.

Today I decided to do an Aspirin mask. I've read many, many reviews about them and thought I would try it out. I took 5 aspirin and used water to dissolve and make a paste. Once they were all dissolved I added a bit of sweet almond oil and some honey and mixed it all. I covered my face with the mixture. I realized that I probably should have used a couple more aspirin. Anyways, I left the mask on for about 20 or so minutes. When I washed it off, the sweet almond oil definitely made it harder to wash off. It left a layer of oil..not sure if that was good or bad. Next time I might try witch hazel or just water instead of the almond oil. I'm really hoping the mask is going to unclog all the little bumps I have all over.

I'll try the mask again in a few days and see if there's a difference.

**UPDATE
After using the mask, a lot of clogged pores ended up becoming whiteheads, and with a combination of Paula's Choice 1% BHA exfoliant, tea tree oil, and origins spot remover (not as frequently) my skin is looking much better. My face is definitely much smoother. I haven't had the chance to try the aspirin mask again though. I just had laser hair removal on my face yesterday, so I  want to give it at least a week before I put anything stronger on my skin.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting mask idea! I used witch hazel years ago but never as a ingredient in a mask. I need to see a pic of this miss lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used witch hazel before but heard its good as a base for toners. Lol i'll post a pic of my concoction next time

    ReplyDelete