Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Agera Microderma System

I bought the Agera Microderma System about two months ago right after I got an Agera Vitamin C Peel  at a skin clinic (like I said, I'm easy to sell to).  It consists of a mask and an activator. You put the mask on first. It looks nothing like the way I would typically think of a mask though; it contains Vitamin C crystals that you massage onto the face for a minute. The AHA (containing Lactic Acid) activator is then massaged onto the mask for about 2 minutes, which activates and dissolves the crystals.  So far I have used it twice. The first time I didn't notice anything special, but at that time by skin was very dry, probably because of having the heat on for soo many months because of the chilly weather in England. I'm in Canada right now (home!) and my skin has been in fairly good condition since being here, even with the extreme heat. I have a few dry patches on my cheeks and on one side of my nose that wouldnt go away, even with using my Dermalogica mask and trying not to use salicylic acid spot treatments. My skin has definitely changed over the years, and even in just one year. So I decided to give the Agera Microderma System another shot. When I used to mask I didn't feel anything, but the activator made my skin sting, especially my cheeks. My skin also started to feel like warm when I put the activator on, but that was alright...I guess that means it's hard at work! I wasn't sure what to expect because of the pain. After I washed my face there was a bit of redness, and I could feel my cheeks were still stinging a bit. After a few minutes the stinging subsided. My moisturizer went out more smoothly. The next day my dry patches were pretty much gone. I would recommend this product to anyone who doesn't have acne, because I think it would aggravate the acne way too much. Anyone who has dry skin would probably benefit from this. On the box it says to use this 1-3 times a week, but I think that's a bit much. I think once in two weeks is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment