Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Concealers

Most days I can't go without concealer because of the redness I get on my cheeks and some minor blemishes. Years ago I used to use Lise Watier Portfolio Professional Correctors. It has 5 different colours of concealers that are used to disguise different imperfections. I think it's a great product if the beige and ivory match your skin tone. I went through tons of different concealers...Benefit, MAC, Clinique, Bare Minerals, etc. before I found the one I loved. Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Full Cover  Extreme Camouflage Cream is the concealor that I have been using for over 4 years. It covers well, doesn't feel heavy, and lasts. The colour that I have (10) matches my skin perfectly. I bought Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage about a year and half ago to try out something new, and this also a really good concealor. The good thing about this one is it has two colours so you can customize your colour. In the winter (when everyone is generally paler), use more of the lighter shade, and in the summer use more of the darker shade. This feels lighter than the MUFE concealor, so days when your skin is looking better this might be the better choice. I generally use a bit of concealer and then use mineral powder...looks natural and I don't feel like I have much on. I recently bought Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (1 Luminous Radiance) for the eye area because everything else I use was making the eye area too dry (even after putting on eye cream before concealer). I find that it works pretty well, has good coverage, and is less drying. I'm sure there are other concealers that are a bit less pricey though. I'm still on the hunt!

I recently went makeup shopping with a friend and she ended up getting foundation and concealor from MAC. I love MAC for its eyeshadows and lipsticks, but that's it. Years ago I did get the Studio Finish Concealer and Powder Foundation, but found them both too heavy for my skin. My friend ended up getting Studio Fix Fluid (NC35) and Select Cover-up concealer, and it looked much better on her than the Bare Minerals Powder she was previously using. It had a nice finish and didn't make her skin look oily after a couple hours. So, yes, MAC is good for certain skin. I would recommend their concealers (and foundation) to those who need   
                                                        heavier coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment